I spent some time today searching/browsing/seeking out copywriting courses, books and potential affiliates for my own copywriting products, DIY Copywriting instruction and a soon-to-be-launched all-things copywriting site (will be TheCopywritingStore.com — don’t check it now, nothing is there yet).
So, anyway, I was shocked (maybe I shouldn’t have been?!) at how awful some copy promoting copywriting expertise is. And by “awful” I mean this was stuff clearly not written by writers or marketing people. Not even close, yet they are selling their copywriting expertise?!
Some examples of what I have seen and found thus far:
- This course is not for the feint of heart.
This was for a freelance copywriting “boot camp!” I kid you not.
- Just fill up our form and we’ll be back to you.
Self-proclaimed SEO copywrtiting experts.
- You’re one-stop shop for web copywriting.
OK…even my fifth grader knows the your/you’re thing.
- Tired Of Loosing Money On Advertising Because Your Sales Letter Won’t Covert The Visitors To Your Website Into Paying Customers?
- And, finally, I must have seen “copyrighting” used instead of “copywriting” at least five times. By copywriters! (Or, are they copyrighters?)